2011/05/17

Matcha parfait

Uji is also the most famous tea growing district in the Kansai area of japan,so I went to a green tea cafe to sample some of the local green tea products.



The shop I chose in names "Ito-Kyuemon"after it's Edo period simply because the name has a nice,Edo flavoured ring to it.



The menu had many choices but I went with the green tea parfait which was labelled the NO.1 popular choice with customers.
It was delicious as I expected,but as is usual with any remotely famous cafe or restaurant,during holidays or weekend we had to wait almost an hour to be served.

Matcha anmitsu

Matcha dango parfait


  

4 件のコメント:

  1. Oh my, that looks so delicious! I love matcha green tea, but it's harder to find it here. I've never had a matcha parfait, but I did get to try matcha mochi, which was amazing.

    返信削除
  2. Hi Kimberly,

    Sounds fantastic that you love matcha!!!
    In summer season,I will eat a lot of matcha ice cream so I will show you some very soon.

    返信削除
  3. There are looks so yummy matcha sweets. I would like to eat...

    返信削除
  4. Hi Skai,

    When you come to Kansai,let's go to eat some Japanese style cafe.

    返信削除