2011/06/17

Oyako-domburi


While I'm on vacation in Canada I won't be eating Japanese food at all. Of course I will be too busy trying the local food so I've been wondering what I sould have for my last meal before leaving Japan.

I decided on "Oyako-domburi"a very popular Japanese home style dish which is very simple and quick to prepare.
The name can be roughly translated to"mother and sons(oyako) served on rice(domburi)".
It's served rice in a bowl with chicken and an beaten egg boiled with soup stock.
(Egg and chicken = Mother and sons)

Usually I would make it at home,ingredients are usually on hand but in preparation for my trip to Canada I've totally cleaned out my fridge which I'll leave empty while I'm away.
See you next month!!!

1 件のコメント:

  1. Narwhalita7/18/2011

    Hi
    It's very long time that I don't write on your blog! I hope you are fine!
    I love oyakodon *__* it's one of my favourite japanese dishes, but usually I cook eggs for more time XD

    返信削除