2011/07/14

Katori-senko


I prefer winter to summer although in fact my favourite season is spring.
One of the reasons why I don't like summer is "mosquitoes" especially at night mosquitoes are terrible.Of course everyone knows the sound makes us annoying when we are trying to sleep.

I have "katori-senko" it is a kind of chemical product.I don't know exactly what its made from but it helps me to deal with "summer curse".
The main purpose of katori-senko is to kill and  repel mosquitoes by smoke.I usually put them near the balcony or the entrance,I feel better when I use it and I love the smell.It's totally different to aroma candles etc,but the smell reminds me of my grand mother's house.


Recently there are many products which kill mosquitoes but they need to have plugged into the power point.I tried some of these products but I think it's more natural and saves electricity to use katori-senko,so always went back to using them.

It's only been using them for two months but they have enabled me to deal with one uncomfortable aspect of summer in Japan.


1 件のコメント:

  1. Summer is definitely my least favorite, but mostly because of the hot weather.
    I've used katori-senko before - we take them when we go camping. It's one of the only things that keeps mosquitoes away.

    返信削除