2011/02/18

Panda bento

Have you heard about bento (lunch box)?
The term bento  is used for portable meals,usually packed in a special container.
Nowadays bento is getting popular in many places, so I want to show you my bento sometimes.


Before, I introduced how cook tamagoyaki,(← if you don't know about it,please click here) but today I cooked very colorful one's by including mixed frozen vegetables.  


I also tried using the normal round fry pan after realizing that Japanese rectangular pan is unavailable out side Japan.The good news is that it works.

Let me show you how to make panda shaped onigiri (rice ball).

ingredients
*2 oval shaped onigiri(rice balls)
*nori (sea laver sheets)

method
Cut into various shape according to the following pattern.
While it's still warm,press the shaped nori(sea laver) onto the rice balls,otherwise they won't be combine !!! 


Twins Panda

8 件のコメント:

  1. 匿名2/19/2011

    wow, this tamagoyaki looks so delicious. i love bento, but isnt it "time-consuming"?

    返信削除
  2. Hi Nadine,

    Egg cuisine is perishable,so it's better to eat within a half day.
    Thank you for your question!!!

    返信削除
  3. So funny the panda rice ball. :)

    返信削除
  4. Hi MissR,

    Thank you for your comment.
    Recently it's getting popular such as cute rice balls in Japan.

    返信削除
  5. Lovely blog and lovely pandas!
    Thanks for sharing. :)

    返信削除
  6. Hi Mossycoat,

    I am so happy that you enjoyed my recipe!!!
    Thank you!!!

    返信削除
  7. I love your nori decorations. I look forward to seeing more bento posts.

    返信削除
  8. Hi Naomi,

    Nori is important item for bento!The other day I will post some bento photo again.

    返信削除