2011/04/15

Pink

The life span of sakura is only around 2weeks,so a few days ago I rushed out to a small park near my house to see the last of the sakura bloom.




I often go out to enjoy sakura from the beginning to the middle of April,it's not only me but almost all Japanese people both young and old feel the need to get out during the shortest season of the sakura.
I love the color of sakura and the shape of the petals as well.At the end of the sakura season,we can see a lot of petals on the road and it's so beautiful too see when It's totally covered with sakura petals,and looking like a pink carpet.It's so beautiful that when I see it,I feel relaxed and glad to be alive.

There is an abundance of sakura products to be seen in the shops this time.Plates,candles,bookmarks,key chain etc which can only be found for sale during the month of March and early April.


Woman in particular are fascinated by those products because they are "Kawaii" and only available for a short time.In addition,there are so many sakura themed food and beverages on offer.

Even "starbucks"(my favorite café) gets in on the cat,with their sakura styled pre-paid card and seasonal sakura beverages.I'm easily sucked-in by these kind of promotions so I got the card but unfortunately ,I missed out on the drinks.

2 件のコメント:

  1. I wish I had been there. I love cute flowers Sakura , smells and pink color.....

    返信削除
  2. Sakura already has turned fresh green leaves.The life is so short...

    返信削除