2011/01/13

Izu(1)

2010.12.29 ( Day 1)

At the end of the last year, I traveled to Izu in Shizuoka prefecture for 1night 2days.
Izu peninsura is a great place to visit because the scenery is so great you can see forests,lakes,mountains and the Pacific ocean.

Today,I will show you some pictures that I took.
I hope you can  feel the beauty  atmosphere that I was trying to capture.

I could see Mt.Fuji from the expressway,It is the highest peak and having been an active volcano.
Mt.Fuji's beautiful shape is a well-known symbol of Japan especially in winter when it's covered in snow.
It's definitely volcano however the last eruption was about 300 years ago.




































On the way to Izu, I stopped  in Higashi-shizuoka to see the once only "Hobby fair - Gundam" featuring 18M high replica.
Gandam is a giant robot of Japanese anime which was broadcast 30 years ago it was first time.I've never watched it but it exploded onto the TV screens and became hugely popular with boys in the 80's. Along with newly converted fans,these boys who have grown into their 30's and 40's are still excited about Gundam.
I don't understand at all but my husband is one of these Gundam's otaku's(fanatic).If you are a fan of Japanese manga or just an interested spectator,you can visit Higashi-shizuoka's "Hobby fair"until March 27th.










Anyway,my main purpose in going to Izu was to stay at a typical Japanese hotel(ryokan).It's a great tradition to relax and eat many varieties of fresh sea food at these kind of resorts which are found all over the country.




I had a great time there.The Onsen(hot spring)was fabulous but unfortunately I couldn't take photo's because it's not allowed inside the baths.The fact that bathes are all naked,makes it punishable by law.    
My favourite is the rotenburo( outdoor  spa)which has a view of a beautiful Japanese garden
and the sky.I feel enveloped by the peace and beauty and my stress melts away,making Onsen the
best place for me to spend a holiday.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿