2011/01/14

Izu(2)

2010.12.30 (the final day)

After I had checked out the hotel,I went to south part of Izu peninsula Shimoda.Shimoda was the first port opened to American ships after the 300years at Sakoku (closure)during the Edo era.There are many historic buildings from the period,preserved in Shimoda.

























I ate kinmedai (red snapper,splendid alfonsino)  for lunch. The fish has golden eyes!
It is difficult to find kinmedai in  Osaka(kansai area) but the waters surrounding Izu peninsula are rich in kinmedai which are fished all year.



There was a large variety of dishes to choose from but I selected boiled with shoyu. It comes with some side dishes such a seaweed,egg and miso soup.Needless to say the taste was fantastic.







From Shimoda to my house it takes about 8 hours by car using expressway,but some parts of Izu peninsula don't have only local roads.It's a quite long for me.
On the way I chose ramen (noodles) for dinner because it's so quick. The restaurant decorated with Japanese red lanterns it's remained me summer festival in Japan.Maybe I can show it in 5or 6months.
I slept well in the car for the rest of the trip!!! 

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿