2011/03/13

Maguro

I think Maguro(Tuna) is the most popular fish for Japanese people.I know there is a big issue in the world with over fishing of Tuna but it's a long tradition with Japanese people and we love it.
Sometimes we have a chance to see Maguro carve up usually in a department store or sea side shops,as a kind of public performance,complete with shishoku(free tasting).
Today I will show you how to carve up a whole Maguro with a lot of pictures.
For Sushi  and Sashimi(fresh slices of raw fish) it's important to cut the slices in the right way.


This Maguro is 40kg
 

100g=780yen






2 件のコメント:

  1. Narwhalita3/21/2011

    I heared that the most precious part of tuna used for sushi is the o-toro. It is true? In Italy is more expansive this part of tuna!

    返信削除
  2. Hi Narwhalita,

    O-toro is the best part of tuna,but it's very expencive and I think a little bit oily even though fish.

    返信削除