2011/03/17

Omake


Omake is a small free gift(it's hard to explain...somebody help me!).
A few weeks ago I bought a bottle of apple juice.It came with  one of the characters from "ONE PIECE" (Japan's NO.1 manga in recent years)on a small mobile phone strap.

It's a promotion for boosting sales,one of many in Japan where choices are many and competition high.
In this case the juice company is using the huge popularity of "ONE PIECE"and timing their promotion to coincide with the soon to be released movie version.
It was a huge success the product was sold out with in a few days.


10 件のコメント:

  1. 匿名3/17/2011

    i watched onepiece a few times :)

    hope you are fine, my friend.

    返信削除
  2. 昨今日本のニューズは私をかなしいになっているよ。あやこはぶじそうです。よかった!
    エース!!!ワンピースもここに有名です。

    フランスでコーンフレークのボックスの中におまけがしばしばあるよ。辞書によるとおまけは"bonus"をいみするらしい(です?)。

    またね。

    返信削除
  3. Hi Nadine,

    ONE PIECE is broadcasting in Gremany?
    It's amazing!!!

    返信削除
  4. JB,元気ですか?私は元気です。
    日本の災害は本当に悲しいです・・・

    フランスにも”おまけ”があるんですね。
    写真があったら見せてください!!!

    返信削除
  5. Narwhalita3/21/2011

    Hi Ninja!
    I like very much One piece! It was broadcast in Italy but I look the episodes subtitled because I don't like the italian dubbing.
    My favourite character is Tony Tony Chopper! I love it! *___*

    返信削除
  6. Hi Narwhalita,

    You know a lot about Japan!!!Always your comment makes me happy!!!

    返信削除
  7. I found some pictures of gifts in cereals boxes ^^
    http://www.buzzman-tv.com/good-idea/quels-sont-les-10-cadeaux-de-boites-de-cereales-que-vous-auriez-aime-acheter/
    It's not always licenced products as you can see =)

    返信削除
  8. We have a similar custom in the USA. Stores sometimes give "a free gift with purchase" (like your toy), or it will be called a "free sample" if it is something to just taste or try (like juice or shampoo). Generally, we call all of these things "freebies."
    ^^

    返信削除
  9. JB,日本のおまけによく似てるね。
    フランスに行ったらこのコーンフレークを買いたい。

    返信削除
  10. Hi Naomi,

    Thank you for your teach about the Omake.
    I didn't know the word "freebies",it helps me.
    Thank you again.

    返信削除