2011/03/23

Sakura coffee

"Sakura(cherry blossom) coffee" is the name of a cafe that I found when I went to visit the grave my paternal grand parents in south part of Osaka.
Last year I dropped in after noticing the large car park and beautiful shop front.It was very quiet and peaceful,Sakura theme and the price were very reasonable.


It seemed to me the perfect place to relax,but I had forgotten,all about it until I found the business card tucked away on a table top.When I found it the memories came flooding back to me,and I had finished with dinner and other household chores.I decided on an impulse to spend the evening there.
Luckily,this cafe is open until 10:30pm although it is a bit of drive about 90mins.

Anyway I got there around 8pm and spend about 90mins.
The cafe is quite big and built around a courtyard with Japanese garden,complete with cherry blossom tree,racked gravel  and rock "mountains".There were no cherry blossoms yet,the season starts in early April,but the whole atmosphere was very Japanese.

On the menu there is no green tea as it's a coffee shop.But there are Japanese style cakes and parfaits.For me the most fascinating thing is the tableware,all tied together by the sakura and bamboo motifs.
There were cherry blossom shaped plates,sugar cubes were wrapped in paper bearing the shops motif and piled on petal-shaped plates.

The parfait which I ordered was served in a cup cut from green bamboo,in the old traditional Japanese style.

we can buy some cookies as for gifts or souvenirs

2 件のコメント:

  1. How are you doing Ninja-san? It is so nice to see the coffee place. I would like to go there, when we visit to you one day. I hope you are doing good and have a great weekend!!

    返信削除
  2. Hi Skai,

    Definitely You like this cafe!!!
    I will show you real Sakura very soon.

    返信削除