2011/03/09

Takoyaki

Takoyaki (fried octopus dumplings)is Osaka's most popular street food.Almost all household have their own Takoyaki hot plates for making at home.


Takoyaki flour is a mixture of wheat flour,yam, katsuobushi(bonito flakes),konbu(kelp),dashi(stock),but nowadays we can buy and a packed it of factory made flour anywhere.



Ingredients<for the balls>

☆Takoyaki flour
☆Japanese pickled ginger
☆finely chopped spring onion
☆boiled octopus
☆Tenkasu
(left over tempura bits and pieces)




Ingredients<for the serving>

☆mayonnaise
☆Takoyaki sauce
☆Katsuobushi(shaved dried bonito)
☆Aonori(powdered seaweed)











Add a few eggs  and water









It's suitable for freezing,it can be frozen for a month.


6 件のコメント:

  1. たこやきを調理したいです。でもたこやききがありません。おそらく買えますかな。。
    ところで、お好み焼きのレシピを知りますね。そのblogで書いてください。

    返信削除
  2. はい、お好み焼きのレシピをいつか紹介しますね。
    とても簡単ですよ!!!
    お好み焼きは私の大好きな食べ物です☆

    返信削除
  3. 匿名3/12/2011

    It looks sooo yummy... I LOVE takoyaki! I'd like to try cooking some but I don't think we can find this kind of hot plates in France... :P

    Mélanie

    返信削除
  4. Hi Mélanie,

    Sounds great that you love Takoyaki,I worried about put on this article because some(? most of?)people never eat an octopus.

    返信削除
  5. Narwhalita3/12/2011

    I love takoyaki too! But I never freeze them. It's a good idea!
    I have a question...How many flour and water do you use? I find a recipe where the mixture is very liquid than the recipe that I usually use

    返信削除
  6. Hi Narwhalita,

    I recommend... mix with 300g flour,1200ml water,2 eggs,1tbsp baking powder and 20g grated yam.
    I hope you like it.

    返信削除